We are just 20 weeks into 2018 and the tragedy at Santa Fe, Texas is the 22nd school shooting this year in the U.S. where someone was hurt or killed. The gun lobby is already out in full force to protect their interests while the politicians are making the ever-predictable “calls for action”.

Following the Parkland, Florida shooting, President Trump met with a group of the students and afterward said: “We cannot imagine the depth of their anguish, but we can pledge the strength of our resolve”. He also chastised American lawmakers suggesting they were “petrified of the powerful firearms lobby” and that perhaps he was the one to stand up to them because “They have less power over me”, ignoring the fact that he took more than $30 million from the NRA for his election campaign.

Less than two months after his disingenuous promises to America’s youth, Trump was the keynote speaker at the NRA Convention boasting: “Only one candidate in the general election came to speak to you, and that candidate is now the president of the United States, standing before you. You came through for me, and I am going to come through for you.”

Now, following this most recent mass murder, Trump tried to reverse direction and give the impression that he actually cares about the carnage.

However, Trump's fake sympathy was not lost on a Parkland student, Jaclyn Corin, who responded to his latest trite tweet with: “Our children are being MURDERED and you’re treating this like a game.”

Last edited by ryck; 05/19/18 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling per Grelber

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C