Originally Posted By: joemikeb
I have already gotten rid of or replaced most of the 32 bit apps on my system, but the remainder support very useful hardware, mostly scanners. (Don't bother to suggest Vuescan as an alternative, it is one of the remaining 32 bit apps.) One developer said they won't start working on 64 versions until the full release version of MacOS that won't support 32 bit applications ships and it will take 6 months to a year for the redevelopment cycle. 👎

I've been looking for replacements for my not particularly critical but nonetheless cherished apps, but with no success, and I'm afraid that Canon is going to jump on this golden opportunity to stop supporting my printer force me to buy a new printer. mad

That one developer's position doesn't make the least bit of sense, especially if se's looking to remain a developer.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
What bothers me particularly is that developers have refused to open-source apps that they don't intend to update. That's just plain selfish!

It would not surprise me to find the coding standards and practices in many of those apps are either so idiosyncratic or just downright poor the developer is unwilling for anyone else to see how bad it is because it might hurt their chances of getting another job. (I have known at least two software "wonderkids" who took great pride in writing code that no one else could understand or maintain. They called it job security — we called it grounds for termination.)

Hmmm... Never looked at it that way, but it's a possibility. frown

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire