Originally Posted By: ryck
Would that be why I get two choices, one with a correct Name and one with a correct Email Address, but both specifying "From this site", and yet only one works?
I have found that on sites that use two-step login authentication when you enter the "real" userid and password the site then sets up a one time login id for actual site access and then emails, texts, voicemails the associated temporal password to you. (I used the term temporal because it is only good for several seconds before it expires.) Those are one time IDs but apparently Safari still records them as having been used to logon to that site. I have no idea of how long that memory persists but it doesn't appear to be forever.

Postscript: I haven't had a chance to verify this yet, but it just occured to me that since my iOS devices share the same Keychain information with my MacOS devices, some of those unrecognizable "from this account" ids may be login ids generated for use with facial and fingerprint authentication??? shocked

Last edited by joemikeb; 03/31/18 07:23 PM. Reason: Add Postscript

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein