Originally Posted By: ryck
... At the Microsoft site I did see one disconcerting statement:
“Office 2016 suites, including Office Home & Student and Home & Business, include applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote; they are available as a one-time purchase for use on a single PC or Mac. The applications are not automatically updated; to get the latest version, you must purchase Office again when the new version becomes available.”

Am I safe to assume “latest version” does not mean the regular updates for improvements or security?

Lacking the clarity which Microsoft usually provides, I would read it literally, namely that Microsoft is going to try to squeeze blood from as many stones as possible (ie, all updates would require repurchase of the suite) — after all, Bill Gates needs a raise. tongue

Given earlier discussion in this thread, I figure that we have a good 5-6 years of being able to use Office for the Mac 2011 before our desire to upgrade our macOSes to 64-bit-only versions. At that point there may be alternatives to Office for the 2016 or its successor which are more viable.