Thanks Mac, does the one computer mean I can have it on my desktop and my laptop without having to pay twice? (this is what all previous version have allowed), still confused. Though when I do upgrade either of those it is indeed a pita with office to get it back on. Will that be an issue? But you think it should be one time fee for both laptop and desktop?

I see it advertised $29 on I think bonanza site, this guy selling it says it's good for 5 devices. I called him on phone, and he was nice/ professional, seems ok but who knows? You wonder if Chinese/ Russians have invented a perfect clone and are selling around..? Is there a way to preview 2016 office to see what it looks like first from microsoft?

BTW Artie mentioned numbers. I'm Excel Word guy for 15 years, could you get used to using Numbers? They would both convert word/ excel files ok? I still think easy to get Office 2016 for one time fee, and should last another 5-6 years, but then it's toast right once subscription only, concur? How do you like 2016 vs 2011?

Joe, thanks! "or one Mac" was you could only use it on one Mac at a time"
Ok finally have an definitive answer.... and I never use it more than on one Mac at a time, so laptop/ desktop should be ok as before?

Leasing, I'm going it with Adobe now $10 month, but I get LIghtroom and PS and free Portfolio. For Office or Quicken Leasing is about 5 times as expensive as before.