Quote:
Thanks Mac, yes I knew it was standalone, sadly, it probably is last before they go to the gauging subscription method that Adobe pioneered right?

Do you concur with Art that software's will need to be 64 bit?

How do you like 2016? How much did you pay and where did you buy?

If Art is right about 64 bit, then I should get it in any case right?

On Microsofs website it says "For One Mac", what does that mean?

I agree that 64 bit applications are soon to become a requirement to work under future versions of Mac OS.....for now, 32 bit apps are still supported through the current Mac OS. I updated to Office 2016 for this reason. I watched for a discounted sale version through several online vendors, and ultimately pulled the trigger using Fry's Electronics. It was about 25% off of suggested retail.....

At some point in the future, you will need to face the 64 bit issue with replacement apps for those programs you wish to continue using once 32 bit apps are no longer supported.

"For one Mac" is the legal phraseology in the license agreement....it simply means that Microsoft doesn't want to allow you to use their software on multiple computers. It implies that you will need to buy a new license if you change computers, but that was not my experience when I migrated to my new computer. The new me still had a functional Office suite while the old me retained functionality as well.....legally, I did the right thing by removing Office 2016 from my prior MBP before passing it to its' new owner.

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.