I can't give you any real details, but I can tell you that apps are either 32 or 64 bit, and that ALL your 32 bit apps will cease to be functional in macOS 10.15. (I expect that I'm not the only one here who's going to lose cherished, irreplaceable apps. frown )

I'm still considering Office 2016 (if I can't get acclimated to Numbers), which I'd buy on eBay, as I did with Office 2008 and 2011, but only in original, sealed Microsoft packaging. (I once bought an Office 2011 cheapie on eBay, and it turned out to NOT be a d/l from Microsoft as advertised. eBay took care of me, though...even banged the offender for $8 return postage on a useless CD, and I learned my lesson in the bargain.)

I've got no knowledge of Quicken, but I'll guess that the 2007 version is 32 bit.

The "smart" (read "greedy") developers out there, one of which I'll guess is Microsoft, saved 64 bit as an excuse to force users into a paid upgrade.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire