Originally Posted By: keys
You would go with 7, not 6
Yes technically the 7 is a good step up from the 6 and should last longer
And would you spend $50 more for brand new over refurished? Or you think refurbished is 100% as good as brand new?
You haven't mentioned how much storage you are looking for and that makes a substantial price differential. A rebuilt 32GB iPhone 7 is going for $499 and the 128GB iPhone 7 is $589. That is a bigger lump than the premium for a new iPhone. I know several people who bought iPhones with minimal storage and most have regretted it. IF you are willing to maximize your use of iCloud storage and stringently limit the number of apps on your iPhone, you can get by with 32GB of storage but the additional $90 for the 128GB model will be a lot more comfortable and take a lot less data management time and effort. I am not ducking the question of new vs. refurbished but I think you need to make the storage capacity decision first. Then when you know the full cost you can look at the new vs rebuilt question. If I am correct that you can buy AppleCare for a factory rebuilt iPhone then an 8 to 10% premium for new would IMO not be worth it.
Apple care you recommend? But does not cover if lose it, though I think any homeowners policy might.. but they have nasty deductable
AppleCare covers
Originally Posted By: Apple
AppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:

Your iPhone
Battery
Included earphones and accessories
Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,2 each subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage, or $99 for any other damage, plus applicable tax
...but it does not cover loss or theft. Talk to your insurance agent and they may offer a rider on your homeowners policy to reduce the deductible on an iPhone specifically listed on the policy. I know that is true on my policy under a section for computers and electronics. But then you have to weigh the premium cost in the decision equation.

Last edited by joemikeb; 03/05/18 10:45 PM. Reason: I wish spell checker would stop mis-correcting my grammar

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein