Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Because of Etrecheck 4.1, I have a lot of emails to write to software developers including a few whose products I rely on almost every day. I just discovered that under the Minor Issues heading, 32 bit applications and executables are listed.

There is a lot more information in Etrecheck 4 that was not included in the previous versions. If you passed on it previously, you might want to take a second hard look at what it offers for the $20 upgrade cost.

Thanks for the update.

I can't be certain, because I've got Spotlight disabled, but I believe that 32 bit info can be found in System Information, albeit not all in one place. (It can also be found in Activity Monitor > Kind for running processes.)

I'm not worried about my Apple 32 bit apps and processes, because they'll take care of themselves, and I see no need to spend $20 to find my other ones. (EC wouldn't find them, anyhow, because I keep them on a separate partition.)

I went through v 4 once without seeing anything compelling (and, as a matter of fact, I found its GUI off-putting), and I'll give it another try sooner or later, but in the meantime, v 3 satisfies my need for paranoia-ware.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire