Because of Etrecheck 4.1, I have a lot of emails to write to software developers including a few whose products I rely on almost every day. I just discovered that under the Minor Issues heading, 32 bit applications and executables are listed. I found I had over 30 apps and executables that are 32 bit and only half a dozen or so of those were in the /Applications folder. The remainder are found in various places such as /Library/frameworks, /System/Library/Input Methods, /Library/Application Support, etc. One was in a folder containing the instruction Manual for an app, and a couple are Apple's own products including the DVD Player app. I discovered that some old standby utilities I have relied on for many years are 32 bit and sadly they are out of print and no longer supported.

There is a lot more information in Etrecheck 4 that was not included in the previous versions. If you passed on it previously, you might want to take a second hard look at what it offers for the $20 upgrade cost.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein