In the spirit of a fine-tuned Mac, I have checked on my Mac irregularly, and also when suspecting something, with report generating EtreCheck.
The new version 4 isn’t free-forever anymore, unlike v3 and earlier, but it does allow a few (5) full checks as trial. The new interface is a bit more polished; no longer one long list, although the share/printout will resemble the old formatting in that regard.
One of the minor issues it found on my Mac, was the Unsigned installed software. These are checked against a whitelist for probable legitimacy. They can be removed in-app, one by one, if you think they need to go, and if you have no uninstaller or other application-specific uninstall instructions available.

What I really appreciated on their site, is the ‘Tips for a Healthy Mac’ page. Most regulars on this forum will know these tips, but it is a nice compilation of good ones: How to avoid scams, practice good computer security, avoid adware, no need to buy “clean-up” software, be realistic about malware/trojans/viruses, keep the Mac updated, think about upgrading, make backups, know what you install, know how to remove.

I expect not all will agree with everything said to the fullest extend, but we all know that there is a lot of snake oil or worse, that use scare tactics for their marketing, instead of empowering the user with insight, knowledge and good tips.

[No affiliation, just a happy customer.]