I went to the Security part of TOR and got a new identity. I was already at standard security, not the safest. It still didn't work.

I tried my iPhone (I had no idea it had a different router, IP address or cookies! I learned something.) I almost thought it was going to work but it said come back later. Maybe because I clicked on a survey from an email I had already tried. Next time I get a new email from them, I will try again. It's a pain to do it on the phone, though. A big screen pops up about cookies that covered a big part of the survey screen and I can't get rid of it. Anyway, wish me luck next time I get an email from them. We'll see how it goes. I really wish I could do it from my laptop, but oh well.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
I agree that you should not have to use TOR but on the TOR tool bar click on the second icon inform the left (looks like an onion) and you will find...
  • The actual servers you are going through are shown on the right hand side of the drop down menu with selections on the left.
  • New Identity (⌘⇧U) — this will close all windows and session, restart TOR and establishes a new identity & routing.
  • New TOR Circuit for this site (⌘⇧L) — The screen should blink and a new set of routers appear on the right side of the drop down.
  • Security Settings — allows setting low medium or high security. CAUTION: Not all sites will work correctly on medium and high settings because javascript is disabled but it makes identifying either you or the browser almost impossible.
  • TOR Network Settings — Settings for countries that censor TOR, proxy and firewall settings.
  • Check for browser update — self explanatory
Unless you login with a userid and password or the sites have set cookies in your browsers, with medium or high security settings in TOR the sites should not be able to identify you, your computer, your browser, or your IP address.

If you have already answered this and I overlooked it, please forgive me, but have you tried going to those sites using Safari on your iPhone? Different router, different IP address, different cookies.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8