Originally Posted By: jaybass
Regarding those 5 folders, opening 1 and then clicking on those white coloured icons produces a window with 'open any files' and immediately another window appears with the heading 'GameCenterAccountsUIPlugin.bundle, and that happens regardless of which folder you open.

Those few hundred files are located HD>Users>shared...over 1300 of them.

I would think you have quite a few yourself.

Out of curiosity, if you command-I (Get Info on) one of those "white coloured icons", what is your "Open with:" app?

I don't recall ever seeing anything unexpected in /Users/Shared, but since I don't really know why stuff turns up there in the first place, I don't know if my experience is normal or anomalous.

A "'cold boot' from a powered down condition" simply means shutting down and starting back up. Background: Of the three troubleshooting options
  1. Logging out/in
  2. Restarting
  3. Shutting down/starting up (cold boot)
2 gets deeper into your system than 1, and 3 gets deeper into it than 2, or, more clearly, shutting down/starting up is more likely to correct an anomalous situation than either of the other two options (which is why I routinely skip them and go directly to a cold boot).

A safe boot is an altogether different animal.

And, by the way, it sounds like you're no longer seeing those Trend Micro pop-ups?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire