/Library/Receipts/InstallHistory.plist, which is Software Update's apparent data source, seems to list all my updates from all sources, all three of yesterday's updates, Safari, iTunes, and Security, included.

~/Library/Application Support/App Store/updatejournal.plist, of which I wasn't aware, lists only the Safari update from January 9th, so it looks like we're both kinda sorta correct, but in different senses.

"My" file contains the receipts that tell the App Store that I'm up to date, whereas "yours", which isn't a receipt file other than by a stretch, is what tells it what I've d/l'ed in the past 30 days.

The bug, or, as the case may be, one time failure, then, is apparently the App Store's failure to have written to "your" file, and it's my bad for ASSuming that the bottom of my App Store Updates page relies on the same source data as the top of the page. tongue crazy

Thanks for the clarification; alternaut was, indeed, correct.

More: What I find odd is that "your" file is user-centric despite the fact that it contains system-centric data.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire