My first novel, Black Iron, co-written with my partner Eve Rickert, is now available for pre-order! The book will be in bookstores this fall, but you can get a copy early.

What's it about?

Imagine a world where the Protestant Reformation never happened, the Catholic Church split into the Roman Catholic Church and the French Catholic Church, the New World colonies are still colonies, the British Empire never existed, and the British don't drink tea. But there's still a war in Afghanistan, because no matter what you change, there's always a war in Afghanistan.

Now imagine London, 1855, where a sinister plot against the Queen has ensnared a petty thief named Thaddeus "Muddy" Mudstone in an extravagantly elaborate plan to frame members of the royalty. Throw in a French princess, a pair of happy-go-lucky weaponsmakers and arms dealers, and creepy undead things made from other things, and you have the world of Black Iron.

Now write the whole thing in the madcap humor style of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

The book won't be out 'til fall, but you can preorder on our crowdfunding page to get an early copy!

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html