Originally Posted By: Bob_00001
The biggest problem seems to be the way the preferences are described and organized. So, there doesn't always seem to be a direct correlation between the ones in Firefox and the ones in Safari.

I use Firefox only in the few situations in which Safari doesn't work for me, so I haven't gotten too deeply into its settings, but I have looked at its Security & Privacy pref pane, and it confuses the hell out of me!

I find its settings convoluted, confusing...almost contradictory in some instances...the result, I suspect, of Mozilla's fear of infringing on others' design copyrights, which, not to denigrate their concept, seem to be more of an issue in computer software than in any other industry because of the proliferation of apps with similar functionality.

I'm almost (but no more than that) ) tempted to d/l a bunch of browsers that have been built on different platforms to catalog how far fear of infringing has driven their designers.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire