Here's a little update, since I've now been using Firefox for several weeks as my primary browser. That in itself is a bit of a miracle. When I've tried this in the past, I've usually given up in less than a week, and gone back to Safari.

This time, the experience has been much better. There were a few glitches initially. These were due to some rather curious default settings in Firefox's preferences, and have been resolved.

The biggest problem seems to be the way the preferences are described and organized. So, there doesn't always seem to be a direct correlation between the ones in Firefox and the ones in Safari.

The only remaining problem that I'm experiencing is that I'm not getting auto-login to various sites such as this one. I know that it's a cookie issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Firefox seems to be deleting cookies whenever I quit the application, even though I've specified that they should remain until they expire. It seems that automatically clearing browser history is also clearing cookies. If anyone knows the fix for this, please let me know. Meanwhile, I'll keep trying different settings.

Edit:
I figured it out. I overlooked the Settings button for the "Clear history when Firefox closes" option. Under Settings... you can choose whether or not to clear cookies. I turned that off, and now things work as they should.

Last edited by Bob_00001; 01/09/18 12:41 AM.

MacBook Pro 15" (2015)
Sierra 10.12.6