Originally Posted By: Virtual1
Originally Posted By: artie505
macOS Recovery requires an Internet connection.

That's not always the case.

I've done it several times before but I'm not confident which route I took at the time. I believe it was by creating a "normal" partition and restoring the recovery EFI image itself to the partition. This basically created what looked like install media rather than a recovery partition or installer app, and it was content to run without an internet connection.

I don't think we're on the same track; by macOS Recovery I mean the three options under Start up from macOS Recovery > 1 in How to reinstall macOS.

Originally Posted By: Virtual1
I would also suggest that people go to the app store and download the installer from there rather than doing a recovery by other methods, including internet recovery.

That's only possible up to Yosemite, which is the last version of Apple's OS that you can RE-download from the App Store, which makes archiving Installer.app for succeeding versions against possible future need a good idea.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire