Not good at all, but since neither of us uses any cloud technology, we're at less risk from Meltdown than many other users, and beyond the cloud aspect, the usual common sense rules of surfing appear to be adequate protection in the absence of a patch from Apple. (If the fix is really a 20-30% machine slowdown, I suspect that many users, myself very possibly included, will ignore it.)

Spectre, on the other hand, isn't described in sufficient detail for me to even begin to assess in what way I may be at risk, so I won't worry about it until Apple tells me that I need to worry.

This quote is laughable!

Originally Posted By: Intel
“Intel and other technology companies have been made aware of new security research describing software analysis methods that, when used for malicious purposes, have the potential to improperly gather sensitive data from computing devices that are operating as designed,” the company said in a statement. “Intel believes these exploits do not have the potential to corrupt, modify or delete data.”

Quite bizarre...totally devoid of logic, and not the tiniest bit reassuring. crazy

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire