Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Something funny is going on. On my iMac, running 10.12.6 (Sierra, with all security updates)‚ pressing Shift gives the choice of ~/Library but pressing Option does not. I don't know if this is relevant, but I have my preferences set to ALWAYS show ~/Library when I go into my User folder.

Bingo!

I just toggled command-shift-H > command-J > Always Show Library Folder off and back on to see what would happen.

At "Off", option showed ~/Library as opposed to shift (as I previously reported), and at "On", my library (and the key command I previously posted) moved into my drop-down permanently.

It looks like Apple has done some changing since introducing the ( tongue ) option, and toggling it brings it up to date. crazy

Referring back to joemike's post:

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
FWIW in High Sierra (MacOS 10.13.3 build (17D25b)) clicking on the Go menu and pressing…
  • Option (⌥) adds Library to the list of menu options
  • Shift (⇧) presents a wider menu display and adds the option to Select startup disk on Desktop
  • Control ( ) presents a wider menu display offers the option "Enclosing folder in nw window"
  • Command (⌘ ) has no effect
It sounds as if Apple's technical writers are having trouble keeping up with the change rate. 𝌡

After my toggling experiment, his items two and three now work for me.

His option one suggests that he's never turned on the permanent option.

Last edited by artie505; 12/29/17 05:43 PM. Reason: More

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire