If ease of use has simply been your objective, I’ll put forward these thoughts (based upon my use of same password for Login & Keychain) after reading a number of your posts, around FTM about Keychain...

- I’m using a 15-digit alpha-numeric Login/Keychain password and when required to enter, which is seldom after Login, it’s not a PIA. ...I also employ 1PW, when initially needed requires my Master PW (12-digit alpha-numeric) to make active (conveniently set to auto-lock after 90 minutes of no activity) and then, using Cmd / keystrokes to initiate passwords for web logins. ...I’m not being required to continually re-enter my Login/Keychain password throughout my computer sessions.

- In a number of your posts, about Keychain, you’ve referred to being unable to use 2 separate passwords as a HS bug. (My definition of a default-setting bug is when an employed, Default setting does not work as it should.) Since the Support Doc link, previously provided, clearly indicates the Default is to be the same password, IMHO, It seems incorrect to call the inability to employ 2 passwords as a 10.13.x bug. ...Your objective wants to employ a non-default setting which is currently unavailable in High Sierra. As Sierra fulfills your objective, then using 10.12.x works for you; but it’s not accurate to say 10.13.x has a bug when the Support Doc confirms the Default is for these passwords to be the same and when employed, Keychain will subsequently work as expected.

I acknowledge HS has had some early issues, which Apple has timely corrected and no doubt will continue to improve. ...But as I’ve used HS from day one and have not experienced any truly problematic issues, remaining unfixed, with the HS macOS or 3d-party apps compatible with HS, I put forward there’s some misconceptions being bantered about FTM that are mistakenly being accepted, by some, as accurate.

MacStudio M1max - 14.4.1, 64 GB Ram, 4TB SSD; Studio Display; iPhone 13mini; Watch 9; iPadPro (M2) 11" WiFi