Originally Posted By: artie505
I d/l'ed and installed High Sierra 10.13.2, and once again, my keychain password wasn't perpetuated nor was my keychain populated....

See this 7/24/17  Support Doc Keychain for Mac . This Apple Support doc advises by default, Login password & Keychain for Mac password is (should be) the same.

I guess the Support Doc begs the question "why persist attempting to have Keychain for Mac & Login passwords be different?" when the macOS default is they're the same password. ...And, Keychain works as expected when this macOS default is being used.

BTW, by asking, I'm simply curious to understand (from perspective of having Current User account having Admin privileges) why having different passwords is so important to persist in overriding the macOS default. ...It seems there's a perception of higher security level (if that's the objective) when these passwords are different. If one's Login password could be easily compromised, additionally allowing access to Keychain, it would seem a stronger, Login password would mollify this security concern. ...Am I misunderstanding your objective?

MacStudio M1max - 14.4.1, 64 GB Ram, 4TB SSD; Studio Display; iPhone 13mini; Watch 9; iPadPro (M2) 11" WiFi