Originally Posted By: grelber
By fuss and muss I meant those sorts of things integral to the management of Cookie — which you detailed in your post (#47118) above.
Pretty much nothing is required for the management of the browser's built-in tracking protection.

The portion of post #47118 to which you referred...

Originally Posted By: MG2009
So . . . What, in practical terms, is the meaning of "minimal intervention?"

Originally Posted By: artie
"Minimal intervention" could be, but I'm certain isn't limited to,
  1. clearing cookies before their configured time,
  2. checking a new website as a "Favorite",
  3. unchecking a no longer desired "Favorite",
  4. white-listing a single cookie, i.e. prefs or login ID, out of a website's entire compliment,
  5. undoing a white-listed cookie,
  6. pausing your timer to deal with a website or individual cookie before it's cleared, or
  7. pausing your timer to prevent clearing of a cookie, i.e. one that supports a shopping cart, while your browser is open.

Of the items you've labeled as "integral to the management of Cookie", #s 2, 3, 6, & 7 are equivalent to toggling Tracking Protection off and on in situations which you've already enumerated, with items #6, & 7 being pertinent only if you've got a timer set to clear cookies while you're browsing, not of necessity.

Items #1, 4, & 5, on the other hand, relate to aspects of Cookie's functionality that transcend those of Tracking Protection, i.e. the reason people run cookie managers in the first place.

I don't want my Mac littered with cookies from every website I've ever visited (I wonder how many people have cleared their browser's history without realizing that their cookies still gave them away? Hmmm... I'll bet that's why Safari > History > Clear History now clears cookies, too.), and that's what Cookie is for: once you set your favorites, it clears all the others at your chosen interval or the occurrence of your chosen event. And it can be set to clear cache, history and other items, as well.

The point I've been trying to make is that Cookie is neither a time nor even attention consuming app! Once you configure it, which takes just a few minutes, it runs on its own unless you want to adjust your configuration - no muss, no fuss, no bother - same as Tracking Protection, except that TP's minimal or inadequate, depending upon how you look at it, configuration is pre-set.

Sure, you can make extra work for yourself as ryck and I have done, but it's ONLY a function of personal taste, need, or neurosis.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire