Originally Posted By: grelber
....can articles of impeachment not be far behind?!

I’ve been thinking more about Flynn’s plea deal and the recent Presidential Pardon that Sheriff Arpaio got…..even before he was sentenced.

I think Trump played his hand too soon, with the pardon, and it worked against him with Flynn. Clearly Agent Orange wanted to send a message with Arpaio’s pardon: “Don’t worry. If anyone gets convicted of anything, I’ll take care of it.”

Mueller heard that message clearest of all and then played his cards. Here’s how I envision the conversation Mueller had with Flynn:

Mueller: “I believe you have two options, Mr Flynn. You can decide not to talk and instead rely on getting a presidential pardon because you were loyal to the president. Keep in mind that the president has a lifelong record of stiffing people who were loyal to him. Just ask his innumerable business associates, like the small business people driven into bankruptcy. Or if you want more recent examples, talk to people he tossed under the bus, like Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christy. While you’re at, it ask Jeff Sessions and Rex Tillerson how secure they feel.

Or, Mr Flynn, you can rely on a plea deal whose words will be crafted with the participation of your lawyers and which will be put in writing. What will it be?”

Flynn: “I’ll take door number 2.”

Last edited by ryck; 12/03/17 04:11 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C