Originally Posted By: artie505
That sounds like the same problem you described in iPad refuses to recognize mail password. (Too coincidental?)

Not quite. Last time, mail,wasn't working anywhere (i.e. the other machines in the house had the same issue). This time, it is only the 27" iMac that has the issue so I'm assuming something was lost in the Migration. Also the Mail app is receiving, just not sending.

Originally Posted By: artie505
Have you tried the same solution?

The solution last time was to be on the phone with a technical person from the ISP who went through all the settings on all the machines. I have the appointment with the Apple people today and have emailed them that the Mail issue will be the priority.

EDIT/UPDATE: I guess I'll have to find something else to occupy the Apple folks' time. I fixed the email issue, and it would seem a password didn't make it through the migration.

When I went deeper into the mail settings, it had the password for incoming mail (which I was receiving) but not the password for outgoing. Popped it in...and everything's good.

Last edited by ryck; 11/30/17 07:19 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C