I bought 10.7 but I was unable to download it.

In the App store program, when I entered the download code and clicked Redeem, I got the message "You must read and agree to the new Terms..." But there was nowhere on the page to do that. No click box, no button, nothing else on the screen to hit.

I spent an hour chatting online yesterday with Apple about...not much. She hardly addressed the problem. I lodged questions and possible ways for Apple to get me 10.7 and she knocked them down. Not only that, she refused to give me a refund. All sales are final. Great. That's how Apple treats a lifelong customer, with a thumb in the eye.

Her only suggestion was "Did you scroll down all the way?" I'm not a nitwit. But I wanted to make sure. Unfortunately, as is always the case, my Apple ID got rejected, and, as is always the case, I couldn't recover it from iforgot.apple.com. I had to use my Dell to do that. An obvious irony. I made sure to express my feelings about the current state of Apple computing. Of course, that doesn't matter so long as people buy iphones and ipads and use AppleMusic and ApplePay and AppleSucks.

The whole thing was so frustrating from the time I bought 10.7, to waiting for an email response, to having problems with ProtonMail, to waiting on the phone with Apple with no luck. On and on, then having it all amount to nothing, and me out twenty bucks. I expected a better experience. I didn't foresee the lack of a refund.

This was Apple pushing me further to buying a PC. There's a slim chance that I would keep using a Mac if I could find someone cheap, say $400 or under. But that would be short-term solution. If I can afford I would like to get a PC that is so fast I can cook an egg on it.

It's absurd. This computer is plenty fast and capable. But because of the internet and software obsolescence, I'm supposed to abandon it.