A couple things yesterday have forced me to evaluate my conclusions.

One, my new Matias Quiet Keyboard arrived. The key action is nice. But it prevents my imac from sleeping. I select Sleep, then get up from my chair, then the iMac comes on. It won't stay asleep.

Two, I just switched to protonmail a couple months ago. Yesterday I couldn't retrieve my mail due to a javascript error in Firefox.

These seem to be longevity problems. I'm seriously considering buying a computer now. Funny how things can change quickly. A lot to think about. It's tough being far behind when it comes to Firefox. That's a real burden for people who use the internet a lot.

I've never liked iPads, so rule that out. I use a computer for a lot of writing and editing, internet use, genealogy, and my music.

People always tell you there are PC equivalents for what you want to do, but they're not identical. I've become familiar with Windows software. It's not as great as you might think. There's more, but a lot of it's crap. There's open source, and a lot of it's crap. There's a lot freeware, and a lot of it's crap. I will miss Tex-edit Plus, Pages, Numbers, iTunes, Reunion, Default Folder, atext, ClipMenu, Singer Song Reader, XLD, Starry Night, SuperDuper, Onyx, GraphicConverter, EasyFind, Disc Cover, BookReader. These have been my tools for a very long time.

I need to think about this.