And, the situation will be unchanged as long as the President issues non-factual information in his tweets, and uses tragedies to further his political goals.

I watched a news conference this morning about the current status of yesterday's terrorist attack in NYC. I wondered why the various officials spent so much time talking about how these events will never defeat the American people. As the news conference unfolded, it became apparent that they were, in part, undoing the damage done by a tweet from the President.

Trump's Tweet: The terrorist came into our country through what is called the "Diversity Visa Lottery Program," a Chuck Schumer beauty. I want merit based.

Governor Cuomo: "The President's tweets were not helpful. I don't think they were factual. I think they tended to point fingers and politicize the situation.

He was referring back to an immigration policy that dealt with a lottery and blaming people who passed that immigration policy. His tweet wasn't even accurate as far as I'm concerned. That was a bi-partisan law that was passed that had, basically, no relevance to the facts of this situation.

As I said before, you play into the hands of the terrorists to the extent that you disrupt and divide and frighten people in this society.

And, the tone now should be the exact opposite by all officials on all levels.

This is about unification; this is about solidarity; this is about nomalization; this is about protection. And the last thing it's about is politics. Period."

Hmmmm. When is someone at the White House Daycare Centre going to realize that they need to take the toys away the Orange Manboy?

Last edited by ryck; 11/01/17 05:50 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C