Originally Posted By: alternaut
FWIW, John Kelly’s criticism of Rep. Frederica Wilson indicated where Trump’s insensitive comment originated (with Kelly himself, via his friend Gen. Joe Dunford), and shows exactly how Trump managed to mess that up with his paraphrasing.

And, of course, General Kelly is confirming what everyone already knew: Donald Trump is a liar.

Trump has continually bleated "I never said that" accompanied by his typical threats "Let the Congresswoman accuse me again and see what happens" followed by his standard "I have proof". However General Kelly makes it clear that Trump did say what he denies having said, even if he meant something else.

Originally Posted By: alternaut
Btw, ‘it’ can always get worse, particularly when ego takes the upper hand over politics and diplomacy....

That's for sure. It became more disgusting when Trump, in his typical "not me, not me" whining, said: "When I spoke with that woman......" He didn't have the simple courtesy to say: "Mrs. Johnson" or "Myeshia Johnson". He said: "That woman".

Is it possible to have less class than Donald Trump? I think not.

Last edited by ryck; 10/20/17 09:31 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C