Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
  • I'm therefore wondering if, as unlikely as it sounds, we're dealing with a feature that is built into Sierra but hasn't been turned on yet?

As I understand it, content blocking is a feature of Safari 11, not MacOS and should work in High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan and maybe even Yosemite which is why advertisers have gotten so bent out of shape about it. However, as I am still running beta versions (MacOS 10.13.1 beta 3), and features do get turned on and off without notice, anything is possible.

Is it "Enable[/disable] content blockers" or Intelligent Tracking Prevention that the advertisers are so upset about?

The former is nothing new...no more than a new incarnation of pre-existing functionality, while the latter is brand, spanking new and faaar more offensive to advertisers.

More: Actually, "Enable[/disable] content blockers" is a boon to advertisers, because it enables us to view their ads with less effort.

Just realized: Thanks for clarifying my quoted statement. I meant "built into Safari in Sierra".

Last edited by artie505; 10/18/17 07:21 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire