Originally Posted By: alternaut
Originally Posted By: artie505
And it only deals with extensions, anyhow, not whatever it is we're discussing here.

I have to disagree (somewhat) with this take on things. Given OS resident (or Webkit featured) functionality like Intelligent Tracking Prevention, regardless of the possibility to manage 3rd party extensions via ‘Enable content blockers’, the option to control those 3rd party extension based blocking separately—and ideally independently—is a critical tool for troubleshooting. ‘No results’ here is still a meaningful outcome, while a positive result will allow zeroing in on the responsible extension(s). But success with the latter may be dependent on interactions between the two (i.e., ITP vs extensions), a variable you seem to be interested in as well.

Beginning at the end, what I'm really interested in is that for the first time in more than 15 years of running OS X/macOS I've run across a check box that appears to be purposeless, and I've tried enough of an assortment of websites with "Enable content blockers" checked and unchecked to have thrown in the towel on further attempts to discern its purpose (so I'd still appreciate someone directing me to a site at which I can actually see something happening [I'm running the AdBlock extension and Ghostery.]).

The ability to control 3rd party content blockers separately is - more than merely important - critical, but it lies in Safari > Prefs > Extensions where you can toggle them individually, rather than in Safari > Develop > Disable Extensions which toggles them in bulk.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire