Originally Posted By: Urquhart
Originally Posted By: artie505
What on Earth does the functionality do?

The people from AdBlock have tried to shine a little light on that: Knowledge baseï¹¥What is Safari Content Blocking?

Originally Posted By: AdBlock Help
What is Safari Content Blocking?

All you really need to know
"Safari content blocking" is a feature that allows AdBlock for Safari to block more ads than ever before (goodbye, ads in Flash videos and games) while making Safari run faster.

There are some things to keep in mind:
With content blocking on, you can't support websites you love by allowing their ads to appear or whitelist specific YouTube channels to support your favorite YouTubers.
You have to pause and unpause AdBlock through Safari's extension preferences, instead of using the AdBlock button on the extensions toolbar.

<snip>

How to turn content blocking on and off
On your Mac, you can turn content blocking on and off in AdBlock's options, on the "GENERAL" tab.
On your iPhone or iPad, it's in Settings > Safari > Content Blockers.

This screenshot has got me completely confused, because it suggests that the Safari functionality I've questioned is not the same functionality that AdBlock Help is discussing.

If it is the same functionality, why the significant nomenclature difference, why no mention of the option to turn it on/off in Safari, and why can I pause AdBlock from its menu bar icon while the box is checked...at the least?

More: I just enabled Safari Content Blocking in AdBlock and got the expected results, so, yup...two different animals.

Last edited by artie505; 10/16/17 10:40 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire