Originally Posted By: artie505
OK, then, so have you or has anyone else noticed a difference in the content of a screen after having unchecked "Enable content blockers"; I"ve tried on a bunch of different websites, and I haven't noticed any difference in so much as a single instance.

What on Earth does the functionality do?

I have no explanation for your lack of differences and I can only speak to my own experience, but as I have previously mentioned I have run into 19 websites that either won't display at all, the HTML/CSS will not render correctly, or certain functionalities will not work unless content blockers are disabled. The list includes at&t, Starbucks store, Walmart, Imgur, and youtube.

However, that could be because of other ad blocking Safari extensions I have installed and not directly caused by the built in intelligent ad blocking. Next time I hit one of those sites I will manually disable the ad blocking extensions and compare the results. In any case, whether the failure is a result of Safari's internal blocker or an a.d blocking extension the ability to toggle blocking on a site by site basis with a single click seems VERY valuable to me.

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney