I’ll try to be brief…

After 2 hours of Genius work at my local Apple store, The problem remained unsolved. The genius did say that he spoke with his mentor and that fellow believes that at least part of the issue relates the latest iOS update and while the problem noted is rare, it is not unheard of.

The genius then set me up (for the next day) with telephone help with a senior-er tech.

After an hour of clicking swiping, rebooting, restarting, and backing up, as well as a myriad of other machinations, still no joy. At this point I was transferred to what was termed an even higher level of senior tech.

Another 2 hours with this gent. By this time I must have clicked and swiped a thousand times, so I’m hesitant to say what “fixed” things, but here’s what happened (I think).

All the “good” documents were put in the Cloud. Then we erased (just) the Pages content and deleted Pages. After reinstalling Pages, the artifacts were gone, and as most all the purged dockets are of little value, my bride is at least comfortable with the conclusion.

I wish I had better notes, but things were at a most hectic pace. My apologies…

FWIW, at the conclusion of this final call, the tech did opine that it seemed to him as if “drive” had somehow gotten corrupt, sorta like a serious directory problem. He had no comment re my problem and the latest iOS update.

HTH

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire