Recommendations welcome. Every few years another Netgear goes belly up. Aside from the that, they've been decent routers. I especially like the software. Currently I have an N300.

I'm also looking at TP Link, less so Linkysys. I don't see any other brands worth mentioning. In a two-story house I have the slowest DSL speed from ATT with my Netgear router navigating the wireless for a ten year old Mac running 10.6, a ten year old Dell laptop running Windows 7, a three year old Dell desktop running Windows 8.1, an old white Macbook running 10.7, an iPad, and an Epson all-in-one printer. But not all at once. Network has been working pretty well until recently.

I've researched a lot on the web. I'm wondering whether to get the Archer C7 instead of another Netgear. I don't see much need in going over $100, as the latest features have no appeal for someone with low speed DSL. I would like to keep using OpenDNS. I would like to have better range. Reliability and speed with Netgear has been good, but Netgear often shows up in the news due to security holes. Updates still work, even on this old computer, but as I said, the Netgear routers don't last very long.