Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
I've got no need for it; AdBlock does a wonderful job, and as far as I know, it's functionality is unique.

My question has nothing to do with AdBlock's functionality, rather it's Safari's functionality I'm questioning.

That is certainly a legitimate question. I use 1Blocker/1Blocker Button and "Enable Content Blockers" in Safari 11.0.1 makes a significant difference on many sites. It is sometimes the difference in a correctly rendered page and a blank window or just text running down the left margin, or even more often whether clicking on a link will work or not.

I don't know the details of how AdBlock vis-a-vis 1Blocker, but this seems to be a subject worthy of further exploration. confused

My question as respects my OP is "Does unchecking 'Enable content blockers' (or whatever you do in the version of Safari you're running) " disable 1Blocker? It disables neither AdBlock nor Ghostery in my Sierra/Safari 11.0, so either I'm misunderstanding the functionality or it's broken.

I'm not sure about what you'd like to explore; please clarify.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire