Originally Posted By: sandbox
near death sparks a primal fear response of run, hide, escape, the person is not running to spiritualism, they are trying to avoid it, if their programming has taught them that a spiritual life is on the other side of death.

Say one rainy night John Doe is driving a little too fast. While negotiating one particular hilly curve, he overestimates the coefficient of friction and the vehicle skids off the road and starts tumbling down the hillside. After 20 seconds (which feels more like several minutes) the car eventually stops rolling about. The shattered windshield is caved in, with tree branches looming just inches from his face... yet he manages to crawl out of the car (trembling) and (shakily) stands up. Dumbfounded, he realizes he's lucky to still be alive.

Now... where does the 'running and hiding' part come in? I don't follow. [isn't the next stage a little more reflective than that?]

Originally Posted By: sandbox
It's been said, many want to go to heaven but nobody wants to die....i wonder why? Most believers who want to meet their maker should not fear death, but embrace it, shouldn't they? Ops, I'm thinking logically.

Well, i qualified what i said with "sometimes"... but perhaps i was wrong. [I didn't realize there existed some neat little piece of psychoanalysis which wraps each aspect of human behavior into such a tidy package, such that every person's reactions and reasoning under various near-death experiences could always be so easily predicted and explained. That sounds quite convenient.]

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 10/02/09 05:57 AM.