Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Unfortunately Trump does have nuclear weapons and it would appear that he may lack both the good sense and self control to not use them.

I go even further and say it's a certainty that he has neither the good sense nor the self control. In fact, in watching this unfold I wonder if he is being "played" by Kim Jong Un but doesn't have the wit to realize it. The North Korean leader seems to be doing what some of the candidates did during the Republican primaries - toss out some bait and watch Trump seize it.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Trump would not be the first dictator or wannabe dictator to incite a war as an excuse for seizing power and suspending civil rights.

I'm sure there are enough checks and balances that such a take-over wouldn't happen in the U.S. However, we certainly are seeing the hawk come out with Trump's newest threats about a "military solution" for Venezuela. What a dreadful irony.....a President who didn't have the gonads to fight in a war (five times draft dodger) who thinks he should find a reason, any reason, to send young men and women off to do so.

Last edited by ryck; 08/12/17 01:58 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C