Hi all,

I am hoping to hear some suggestions re: which Apple laptop I should consider buying. I have been an Apple user since my dad bought the first Mac in 1984, but when my MacBook crapped out a few months ago I thought maybe I would save a few bucks and buy a PC. The basis for this decision was that I only need a laptop for occasional browsing, and mostly for photo and music storage. It was the WORST DECISION EVER! I don't know how to use a PC and they are not user friendly at all. With a toddler and an infant at home I don't have the time to figure it all out. The laptop is ridiculously slow (my 9 year old MacBook was faster), and it is beyond frustrating every time I have to use it.

So enough with my rant... I would like a laptop for my iTunes library, my million and one photos of my kids, and for occasional browsing. I THINK I am currently using about 110GB of storage (but since I am not familiar at all with the PC, I could be looking in the wrong place for that information). A couple of things I've found are a nuisance with the current laptop (therefore I suppose are somewhat important to me) are poor battery life and screen resolution.

Thoughts?