PUBLIC BEAT 3 — FOLLOW UP

• All but one of my open issues with High Sierra itself appear to have been fixed in Public Beta 3, even the very minor display glitch in Disk Utility! The remaining issue is Time Machine support for APFS formatted backup drives. (Given the APFS feature set, that might evolve into a functionally brand new Time Machine structure.)
    cool
  • Interestingly an HTML rendering issue in Safari Technology Preview that was fixed several months ago has resurrected itself, but it is not present in Safari 11
    mad
  • My only major issue at this point is with SoftRAID. Apple changed a critical API they used so now they have to engineer a way around that API. (Nothing against SoftRAID, it performed beautifully in El Capitan and after an update it worked equally well in Sierra, but I wish Apple would add RAID 5 to their RAID Assistant in Disk Utility.)
    tongue
  • Finally I am curious to see how (and when) DiskWarrior, TechTool Pro, Drive Genius, et. al. are going to deal with APFS. (I suspect that is going to take a while, perhaps a good long while.)
    confused

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein