Originally Posted By: artie505
What happens if rather than cutting & pasting the URL you simply hit copy? (And under any circumstances, if you don't want others to see your account page, why don't you upload without logging in? Do you gain anything meaningful by logging in?)

Not cutting and pasting; dragging and dropping as recommended.

Logging in keeps images private; not logging in makes images universally available to anyone accessing Imgur. [/quote]

Originally Posted By: artie505
Your options appear when you click on the down arrow to the right of "Copy" (as per the red box), which appears when you hover.

Cut & paste were your words: "I can find a URL but if I cut and paste to address/URL window...." (Doesn't the "Copy" button work?)

I'm at a loss about your "privacy", because I haven't opened an account, but why not use your account for your private stuff and post your public stuff without logging in?

Sorry, I meant drag and drop as suggested by Imgur.

I don't see any of the things/buttons you're referring to. "Copy" in any incarnation just doesn't show up on any screen that I can conjure. I don't see any red box.

I have no public stuff. I want to put 'private' photos in my account with a URL to provide to those I want to see them.

Clearly that's all a pipe dream for me. Imgur doesn't work; Google Photos even less so. Frustration doesn't even begin to cover it. So that's ball game as far as I'm concerned.

But many thanks for your trying to assist.