Since retiring my malfunctioning 2010 MBP and replacing it with a new retina, I have a 1tb SSD to repurpose. Rather than shelling out $350+ for a 1TB USBC external drive, I picked up an Oyen usb-c enclosure for about $30 and dropped in my old drive.

Somewhat surprisingly, the Oyen came with a C/C cable as well as a C/USB3 cable. And this piqued my curiosity as to how to benchmark all of my new kit. The retina has a 2tb SSD in it (got a good deal on apple refurb, so why not?) and would like to see how fast my external drive can go. I'd also like to compare USB-C cables since I now have more than one type. (the TB3 cables that came with my retina's charger, and the spare I got) I can also compare TB3 speeds with USB3.1 speeds, and that I can test through one of several different kinds of adapter I have here, including a thunderbolt dock. (connected via the rare TB3/TB2 adapter, I made sure to get TWO of them when I ordered my computer)

So what's everyone''s suggestion on how to benchmark this?

(also, the TB3/TB2 adapter I ordered in January because it didn't get on my order for my new retina at work... JUST arrived last week... wow.)

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department