BETA 2

I installed Mac OS 10.13 Public Beta 2 (17A306f) this afternoon. The install was straight forward, but it did take a while(33 minutes to download and 15 minutes to install). The results so far:
  1. Time Machine is working again‼️ As I write this my system is in the process of a Time Machine backup from a boot drive formatted APFS (encrypted) to a Time Machine Drive formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled, encrypted) cool . At this point Time Machine cannot back up to an APFS drive. shocked
    • Time Machine was going to permit backing up to a non-encrypted drive which IMHO is not good unless the backup itself is encrypted. I will have to explore that further later on. confused
  2. CleanApp now works. Wether that was because of the Public beta 2 update or a coincidental update to CleanApp I cannot tell smile
  3. Testing SoftRAID is going to have to wait a day or two until time permits. smirk
  4. Only time will tell if the Sleep/Wake crash issue has been fixed, but Beta 2 feels more stable cool

👏

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein