OK. I"m sure that makes sense to somebody. smile. I did read up on it and it said if you use the same external drive to clone let's say an OS and use that same partition on another machine to update the same OS (like Sierra), it creates a mess. So, nuff said. I will make another partition.

I'm thinking somehow my plist or whatever disappeared and it still shows that extension but it's dead like you intimated. I"m going to leave it on there just I case. smile

Thanks for the explanations.

The problem is the installer checks the specific system model and only installs kernel extensions (.kext) and other bits parts and pieces that are specific to that particular machine and none other. Therefore the installed drive image will boot ONLY a Mac of that particular model. Whether that image will boot a a different model Mac is a crap shoot. The Recovery Drive image, on the other hand, is very limited but it can boot any Mac compatible with the particular version of MacOS but about all you can do from there is run Disk Utility, recover your system from a Time Machine or other backup, and install MacOS.

Originally Posted By: plantsower
When I use Go-Go to Folder I can't bring up my third party plugins/extensions. But when I go to Library with the Shift-Command-Go, I can find them all except for the one that went into cyberspace.

Since ⇧⌘G (Shift Command G) is the keyboard command to access the Finder > Go > Go to folder action there should not be any difference between the two. I have no explanation for the difference you are encountering

Originally Posted By: plantsower
...That one still shows on the extensions in my Safari prefs. I also used EasyFind and found all my extensions except that one. I don't want to spend the rest of my life on it, but I find it odd.[/color]

What you see in Safari > Preferences > Extensions reflects the contents of a property list (a.k.a. plist, a.k.a. preference) file named Extensions.plist found in ~/Library/Safari/Extensions (/Users/yourid/Library/Safari/Extensions ) along with the actual .safariextz files themselves. That property list file is updated when you install or uninstall an extension using Safari > Preferences > Extensions. If one of those .safariextz files is removed by you or another app without going through Safari > Preferences > Extensions to do so the property list does not get updated and the extension still be listed in Safari > Preferences > Extensions although there is no executable code behind it. To remove the listing you need to "uninstall" the extension in Safari. [/quote]

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8