I finally got SuperDuper to work. The guy at S/D told me D/U is always changing and pointed me to an article by Apple. Haven't found it yet. But, when I went back to S/D I realized the Apply button wasn't there because my drive was already partitioned from before. That was just for prepping the drive. I was reading instructions for a new drive.

I don't see why I couldn't make a 4th partition and name it MBP 2015 Sierra. I don't want to buy another drive. And I still don't get why I can't use the same partition and same Sierra clone for both Macs. I need an explanation from JoeMike other than, no you can't. I couldn't find his actual post about it.

When I use Go-Go to Folder I can't bring up my third party plugins/extensions. But when I go to Library with the Shift-Command-Go, I can find them all except for the one that went into cyberspace. That one still shows on the extensions in my Safari prefs. I also used EasyFind and found all my extensions except that one. I don't want to spend the rest of my life on it, but I find it odd.

Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
Uh oh. I was only doing option-G. I tried Command-Shift-G and it worked.How quickly we forget. Ok, me.

Did you read my other post about not being able to get SuperDuper to work? I have an email into S/D. I named my partition (the miscellaneous one) Sierra. Then I am supposed to click on "apply" only there is no "apply" button. This could only happen to me. frown. If I ever get it going, I will let you know how it works with two computers. Otherwise, maybe I can clone my new MBP on a different (another) partition and name it something else containing the word Sierra so I can keep it straight. Maybe best to name if 2015 MBP Sierra so I won't get confused.

Otherwise,

You also forgot about Finder > Go > Go to Folder..., but as I said, ~/Library should be visible if you navigate to it in Finder; if it's not there, let me know, and I"ll post a Terminal command.

I'll pass on your Super Duper! issue until you've heard from tech support, and if they don't resolve it I'll d/l it and take a look.

But I've realized that whether one clone will work with both MBPs is moot. Since you're going to use your MBPs for different purposes, you'll want a separate, current clone for each one.

"Otherwise,"...what?

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8