Uh oh. I was only doing option-G. I tried Command-Shift-G and it worked.How quickly we forget. Ok, me.

Did you read my other post about not being able to get SuperDuper to work? I have an email into S/D. I named my partition (the miscellaneous one) Sierra. Then I am supposed to click on "apply" only there is no "apply" button. This could only happen to me. frown. If I ever get it going, I will let you know how it works with two computers. Otherwise, maybe I can clone my new MBP on a different (another) partition and name it something else containing the word Sierra so I can keep it straight. Maybe best to name if 2015 MBP Sierra so I won't get confused.

Otherwise,
Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
I am typing on my old MBP via the HDD!! It's still kinda slow about it but it is working! Now I need to hook up SuperDuper to my new MBP and see if I can back up Sierra there, oh, and here. I think I would only have to get Sierra on it and then use that with both machines I would imagine. What do you think?

Thanks for all your time and patient help.

Update: Ok so I'm complaining again but I just tried to get to the library by going to finder-Option-Go and it doesn't work. It works on my new MBP. Any other way to get to that particular library?

Whew! That was an ordeal. Thank goodness for the App Store.

Your old MBP probably isn't slow at all, other than by comparison to your new one with its SSD. (Just think how much more quickly your new MBP starts up as compared to your old one.)

joemike recently said "No" to the possibility of a clone of one machine booting the other, so please try, and let us know. (Based on very limited personal experience, I'm inclined to agree with him.)

Command-shift-G works on one MBP but not the other? That's curious. But under any circumstances, I thought /Users/xyz/Library came out of hiding and no longer has to be searched for.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8