Originally Posted By: plantsower
Originally Posted By: artie505
You won't find Sierra in your "Purchased" tab until after you've d/l'ed it; just having it on your new MBP doesn't count.

Well, they downloaded it at the Apple Store. I guess that doesn't count.

Originally Posted By: artie505
Did they log you into the App Store before they did the d/l?

I can't remember for sure, but I don't think so. I named my Computer, etc. but I probably couldn't have remembered the password to it anyway. I always have to look it up and I didn't bring it with me. So, probably not.

Having given it some thought, you couldn't have been logged in to the App Store, because your MBP wasn't booted into a bootable volume when they did the d/l.

Putting some pieces together, I come up with an OS upgrade not appearing in your "Purchased" tab unless you d/l it not just while you're logged in to the App Store, but when it's offered to you as a d/l BY the App Store, as well (which explains Sierra's not appearing in my tab).

And at any rate, I'll bet that they didn't d/l from the App Store, but from some proprietary source that doesn't even interact with it.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire