I let it try for 30 minutes. Maybe that wasn't long enough.

I tried the network name in the box with the wi-fi sign next to it, and it didn't work so I typed in the router password. Then went to the box beneath that which had a closed padlock next to it but it wouldn't let me type anything in it. No blinking cursor.

As far as the network being too slow, that would be a possibility. I have a microwave setup for my wi-fi because satellite is the only other alternative here and I don't like it. I maybe get 1 mb up and less down through it according to the speed test.

I could type in the
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
PMFJI but the ellipse (…) means there is no available WiFi network to join and therefore you cannot reach the internet. I know it is nitpicking but conflating the two can distract from the actual problem. Not seeing a WiFi network can be caused by...
  1. the list of networks can take a while to populate — some times a good while. Patience really can be a virtue smile
  2. If the only available network is configured to be Silent you would have to click on the Other… prompt and entering the network name and password
  3. A very strong Silent network in the environment might block or delay lower strength networks from displaying
No guarantee any of these are true, but they are possibilities.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8