This is what I am looking at now. I know it may be overkill but I am thinking of the future and having to use less cable, also. Nomad

OK, this is the 4th time I have tried to answer you but Safari keeps freezing!!!

I must have stopped in the middle of the sentence with that "Except" part. The clear it up, my iPhone works on all USB ports in the house including computers and external hubs. My speaker charger ( usb to micro) only works on the new MBP though it used to work on certain ports in my external hub. I know that sounds crazy but that's the way it is.

quote=artie505]
Originally Posted By: plantsower
It means I can't get the speaker to charge in any other usb port other than on my new MBP. I tried it in the old one and I tried it in two other external chargers. It used to charge in one of those chargers but won't any longer. My iPhone charges just fine everywhere except

(What, exactly does "the cable only charges from my new MBP" mean?)

When I combine all of that with

Quote:
...the cable only charges from my new MBP at this point, and the cable has to be placed carefully in a certain position or I don't get a connection.

I get...a headache. tongue

Yeah, a new cable would be the first thing I'd try, but I wonder why the problem isn't consistent from device to device?

Your "iPhone charges just fine everywhere except..."

Except where? [/quote] [/quote]

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8