Originally Posted By: plantsower
The guy...mentioned things like resetting PRAM, turning off wi-fi and then back on, and resetting power. None of this is going to help if I can't connect to the internet and also my OS is gone.

I'm not sure exactly what you erased, i.e. whether you've still got a recovery partition, so try this:

First, reset your modem/router...probably by leaving it unplugged for...ahhh...give it 15 minutes. (I know it didn't work for you the last time you tried, but it has worked for me.)

Next, do a command-option-R boot, and hold the keys until the animated globe appears on the screen.

If the globe appears, give it time to do its thing...dunno how long that may be; have a cup of coffee.

If the globe fails to appear or appears but doesn't connect to the internet, proceed to...

Originally Posted By: plantsower
So, tomorrow I am going to see if I can find an ethernet adapter or just a very long ethernet cable in town. If not, I will get one off Amazon and wait for it. If that doesn't do the trick, I will have to make an appt. at a "genius" bar.

I looked for locations near me from the Apple website and not one city I put in showed up, even the cities with genius bars that I already know about!!

You have the same OS version I have. You have annoyances but not mail ones like I have??

You can't just move your MBP instead of buying a new cable?

That's strange about Apple Stores you know are there not being there.

I've got Mail annoyances, but nothing like either you or V1 has described...nothing that's inspired me to do anything more than wait for Apple to get their act straight. tongue

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire